We have continued to support KDS over the years, and our most recent endeavors include:
- Constructing a 4-unit staff house for Special Needs teachers.
- Building separate pit latrines for boys and girls.
- Refurbishing the school environment to make it more attractive to the learners.
- Providing training in sign language for parents, regular teachers, support staff, social workers, and other interested stakeholders.
- Supporting three Special Needs students to pursue higher studies.
- Improve the standard of living and safety of Special Needs teachers.
- Promote proper sanitation and good hygiene in the school by constructing two pit latrines, one for boys and one for girls.
- Create an environment that will stimulate and motivate children with Special Needs while at school.
- Enhance communication and service delivery to individuals working with those who have hearing impairments.
- Build the capacity and expertise of teachers for Special Needs Children.”
Please see below the photos of Gerald the Headmaster at KDS inspecting the work