During one of Sustain for Life’s visits, they encountered Alito School in Uganda, which had lost its roof due to a storm.
This project aims to address the following challenges:
- Replace the roof that was damaged during the storm.
- Provide shelter to prevent learners from studying under trees.
- Mitigate disruptions to the learning process caused by adverse weather conditions, especially during the rainy season.
- Improve the academic performance of the students.
- Address the high levels of illiteracy in the community surrounding the school.
- Reduce the incidence of early pregnancies and marriages resulting from inadequate educational facilities.
- Enhance the security of the learning environment by providing fencing.
- Implement windbreakers to control storm damage.
- Provide additional accommodation for teachers.